Welcome to Wirral Grammar School for Girls.
We have been a Grammar School educating girls aged 11-19 since 1931 and now have just over 1,000 pupils, 300 of them in the sixth form. In August 2011 we became an Academy.
Our most recent OFSTED report (January 2008) judged us to be an outstanding school in all areas. Ofsted inspectors commented:
- “Students’ personal development is outstanding. During their time at the school girls develop into confident, caring and responsible young adults who are very well prepared for the next stage in education and the world of work.”
- “Standards are very high and students make excellent progress.”
- “Students’ achievement is excellent as a result of outstanding teaching.”
- “Behaviour is exemplary and attitudes towards learning are excellent.”
- “Relationships throughout the school are outstanding and there is an atmosphere of mutual respect where achievements, both academic and personal, are celebrated.” Read the rest of this entry →